AMVBBDO UK wins 2019 ADCE Awards Grand Prix for “Viva la Vulva”
- “The Land of Free Press” by TBWA/Helsinki for Helsingin Sanomat wins the ADCE European Star, a new award category looking for ideas that reflect European values
- 27 Gold, 44 Silver and 103 Nominations awarded from a total of 780 entries from 25 European countries.
Today, Saturday 9th November, the 6th European Creativity Festival came to an end with the awaited announcement of the most important recognition of the ADCE Awards. Overall Jury President Dörte Spengler-Ahrens, unveiled the recipient of the Grand Prix 2019: “Viva la Vulva”, created by AMVBBDO Essity Bodyform/Libresse.
For centuries vulvas have been censored, objectified, and erased altogether in the name of ‘decency’. Meanwhile the recent explosion of porn has pressurized young women to believe their genitals should look a certain way: the myth of the ‘perfect’ vulva. “Viva La Vulva” from AMVBBDO is a love song to a part of women that doesn’t get enough love. A celebration of selflove, body positivity and diversity, the film features a range of vagina-esque objects such as conch shells, fortune cookies, coin purses and more, all singing along to Camille Yarbrough’s Take Yo’ Praise (sampled in Fatboy Slim’s track Praise You).
The Best of Design and Advertising Awards
In total, there were 780 creative works entered into the 28th edition of the ADCE Awards. The jury was comprised of 60 leading creatives from 20 different countries. The ADCE Awards are unique in that only creative work that has been awarded at a local European show can qualify, ensuring an elite selection in which every single entry that a judge sees has already been nominated as a standout piece of creative.
The 27 winning Works awarded “Gold” in the different categories were:
- TV/Cinema Commercials: “Hope” by Sra Rushmore for Comité Internacional de Cruz Roja.
- Any Other: “The Uncensored Playlist” by DDB Group Germany for Reporters Without Borders
Print & Outdoor:
- Poster Advertising: “The Land of Free Press” by TBWA/Helsinki for Helsingin Sanomat
- Magazine & Trade Advertising: “Highlight the Remarkable” by DDB Group Germany for STABILO International.
Interactive & Mobile:
- Websites: “FishAct - Stop overfishing” by Mutabor Design GmbH for FishAct.
- Websites: “Digital Marketing Conference” by Possible Moscow for Digital Marketing Conference
- Mobile Apps: “A touch of history” by Jung von Matt/Limmat for Samsung Schweiz
- Mobile Apps: “The Voice of Voices” by McCann Worldgroup for Centro Clinico NeMO
- Social Media Campaigns: “No Need to Fly-Around the World in Germany” by Ogilvy Germany for Deutsche Bank
- Social Media Campaigns: “The Uncensored Playlist” by DDB Group (Germany) for Reporters Without Borders
- Graphic Communication: “Fonts for Freedom” by Serviceplan (Germany) for Reporters Without Borders
- Editorial Design: “Teatro Municipal do Porto” by Studio Eduardo Aires, S.A for Porto City Theatre
- Illustration and Photography: “Hands” by CHINA for Cervezas Alhambra
- Packaging: “Bloomy Days "Flowers Talking" by Heimat Berlin for Bloomy Days
- Motion Graphics: “OP+” by Tolm for Estonian Public Broadcasting
- Spatial/Experiential Design: “The Shortcut Billboards” by Serviceplan (Germany) for BMW AG
- Spatial/Experiential Design: “Scars of Democracy” by Serviceplan (Germany) for Stroke Art Fair GmbH
- Any other: “Dot Mini. The First Smart Media Device for the Visually Impaired” by Serviceplan (Germany) for DOT Inc.
Promotions & New Media:
- Promotions: “Diesel Go With The Fake” by Publicis Italy & NY for Diesel
- Live Stunts: “Diesel Go With The Fake” by Publicis Italy & NY for Diesel
- New Use of Media: “The Land of Free Press” by TBWA/Helsinki for Helsingin Sanomat
- New Use of Media: “Fresh Prints” by McCann for Aldi
Innovation & Integration:
- Integrated Campaigns: “Viva la Vulva" by AMVBBDO for Essity Bodyform/Libresse
- Social responsibility Campaigns: “The Land of Free Press” by TBWA/Helsinki for Helsingin Sanomat
- Public Service & Charity Campaigns: “The Uncensored Playlist” by DDB Group (Germany) for Reporters Without Borders
- Content Ideas: “The Uncensored Playlist” by DDB Group (Germany) for Reporters Without Borders
- Creative Strategy: “Viva la Vulva" by AMVBBDO for Essity Bodyform/Libresse
New ADCE European Star
This is a new award looking for ideas that reflect European values such as diversity and inclusion, environment and sustainability, freedom, justice and the promotion of peace. It should stand out across all ADCE categories, and can come from any category in show. It can be commercially driven or done for good, it should have had real impact on society and it must be comprehensible throughout Europe. ADCE passionately believes that only if we are a diverse, connected and collaborative European creative community we will be able to solve complex problems. ADCE is the platform where the creative community unites to interact and foster, explore, celebrate and promote creativity as a multi-solution approach. ADCE educates, inspires and exchanges knowledge and experience by leveraging the diversity of European creativity.
“The Land of Free Press” by TBWA/Helsinki for Helsingin Sanomat has won the first ADCE European Star. To mark the arrival of presidents Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin to their Helsinki summit, Newspaper Helsingin Sanomat sent the leaders an important message – by welcoming them to the land of free press. The paper created an outdoor campaign that targeted the two presidents directly as they drove from the airport to central Helsinki. Nearly 300 billboards along the route displayed the paper’s genuine headlines regarding both presidents and their problematic relationship with the free media, making the campaign impossible to miss by the presidents, or the rest of the world. Winning work will be showcased in the ADCE Annual 2019 and through a touring exhibition around Europe. Full list of winners
Data and numbers
- 60 juries from 21 European countries
- 780 works submitted from 25 European countries
- 176 awarded works: 103 nominees, 44 silver, 27 Gold, 1 European Star, 1 Grand Prix